The time has come to close the doors of Blue Spruce Temporary Shelter. While it was a blessing to operate and offer a larger space for our guests to safely shelter during the pandemic, it was an even bigger blessing getting to work alongside so many new community members. The relationships forged by this temporary situation will be cherished and long-lasting.
To The City of Fort Collins, Larimer County Health District, Homeward Alliance and Precision Security thank you for all your hard work and assistance in operating this shelter. To the Larimer County Foodbank, thank you for your generosity and allowing the use of your space. And to our fellow agencies who also serve people experiencing homelessness, thank you! Your work is life-changing, and your impact is eternal. Last but not least, thank you volunteers and supporters who eagerly helped even amidst the chaos this season brought. We look forward to furthering these relationships and value every involvement.
Over the weekend our team moved back into our regular location at Fort Collins Rescue Mission. We will continue to serve only men experiencing homelessness, while Catholic Charities of Northern Colorado will continue to serve women and families. We are grateful for this partnership with Catholic Charities and appreciate the collaboration in caring for those in need in our community.
Returning to Fort Collins Rescue Mission
- 56 beds available and 22 mats each night for male guests (Check-in required beginning at 4:30 p.m.)
- 24/7 shelter services for guests who checked in the following evening
- Dinner served at 5:30 p.m. and breakfast served at 7:00 a.m. for those who are staying at the Mission for shelter
- Lunch will be provided by the Foodbank and will be distributed at the Murphy Center by their staff
- Showers will be on a sign-up basis for quests who have checked in at Fort Collins Rescue Mission
Donations and Volunteers Still Needed
Volunteer With Us
Volunteers are still urgently needed at Fort Collins Rescue Mission to help us provide transformational services for our friends and neighbors who are experiencing homelessness.
Thank you for considering how you might be able to serve alongside our staff to change lives in our community each and every day.